29 August, 2007

scenic barcelona


In my brief exploration of the city, I was drawn to the numerous contrasting styles of art, architecture, people, and energy. It is this variety of cultures, languages, and people that make Barcelona the metropolitan hot spot that it is. In order to represent this idea of the city being a sort of "melting pot" for all sorts of people, lifestyles, architecture, etc I juxtaposed images showing differing takes on similar ideas. There are elderly people as well as young, ornate doorways and pizza take out shops, and so on.
I put two pictures of groups of people focusing in different directions at the top and bottom of my presentation. That is because Barcelona is a completely different city to one person than it is to another. One's perception of the city depends solely on their perspective.

No comments: