13 October, 2007

Figueres

Oct 13, 2007
The Dali Museum in Figueres is about a 2 hour train ride away after taking the metro and all the stops. However, I felt my time in travel was completely worth it. The museum didn't have my favorite works by Dali however there were some really different sketches that I enjoyed. I really disliked the exhibit space because they were narrow corridors surrounding a courtyard and made me feel crowded and rushed. The courtyard was pretty striking thou. I did find one of Dali's sketches for his Jewel collection that I struck me. Dali believed that to be a true artist, you have to be able to use many different mediums, hence the Jewel collection. I know it might be strange, but I have always wanted to be a flying mermaid and it is my screen name as well as subject of many previous sketches...and Dali also has one. We must be soul mates. After Dali, Whit and I decide to check out the largest fortress in Europe. It might have been a mistake to walk around it, because, really how big can the biggest be?? about a little over 2 miles in circumference thats it...

No comments: