27 October, 2007

Plaza Mayor - a second try


During our visit to Madrid, we studies a plaza called Plaza Mayor. We first visited it during the day and I really was not too fond of it. I felt like there was not a lot going on. Then I went back at night to take pictures and realized how much the plaza comes alive at night. The most noticeable difference between the day and the night is the vast change in the amount of people in the plaza. As a result, the mood in the plaza changed slowly throughout the day. The plaza also has a change of sounds throughout the day. During the day, the plaza tends to stay at a neutral tone. During the night, the plaza tends to get louder with people talking the playing of instruments around the dinner tables. I attempted to show this transformation of the plaza in my first A3. Looking my A3 after it was done, I realized that it was a little unclear. Then, I created another A3 of Plaza Mayor to hopefully show the transformation a little better. During my second A3, I toned down the title so it didn't take away from the information I was trying to show. Then, I got an overview of the entire plaza and used lines to show view points. Then I showed a night and day photo of each one of the four sides of the plaza. By doing this, you can better compare day and night. In my second A3, you can see that people tend to stop and look at the plaza more during the day. They take more pictures of the buildings and the entertainment. They also use the plaza as a meeting place. During the night, people tend to sit on the ground more and use the plaza as a shortcut to get to where they are going. You can see this by the fast pace of the people as night.

No comments: