05 October, 2007

Segovia Aqueduct and learning how to sketch

During our class trip to the North of Spain, we took a day trip to Segovia. Segovia was a peaceful little town with a large landmark. It had the first aqueduct that I have ever seen. It was unbelievable. You can kinda get a feeling of how big the aqueduct is with the picture of me in front of it. Not only was the aqueduct awesome to look at but it was also a great subject to look at while working on our sketching. With the help of Professor Skinner, we learned how to get the basics of a picture down with only an allotted time of 30 seconds. We learned what some of the most important lines in a sketch are and how to use perspective. One of my main problems when sketching is the fact that my objects look like they are floating. By drawing the basic lines of perspective first, your sketch looks more realistic and you can get a better feeling of what it is like to be in that area. On my A3 sketch sheet, you can see the process of my sketches. The upper left hand corner shows the beginning of my sketching experience where my objects were floating. Then the third sketch, you can see the techniques that Professor Skinner showed me and how I incorporated it in the remaining sketches.

No comments: