16 September, 2007

Barceloneta-Villa Olympica

This project was interesting because we had to use a new type of media (to me at least) to capture our observations. It was different, but enjoyable at the same time, especially since it was at the beach. On my walk I observed many interesting things about the beach front. After just learning in Arch 412 about how new the whole beach front area was, it amazed me at how integral it seemed to the Barcelona community. The beach was packed and there were many people doing numerous activities. Most of the beach activity was near the barceloneta area, and then as I walked further down the coast, it got scattered more and more. I am used to a small beach in South Carolina, that even in peak season is not as crowded as any day here. The fact that the beach so close to a major city and can still be an enjoyable and nice place is amazing.

No comments: