10 September, 2007

sketching from afar


When atop Montjuic, I found that sketching was easier than down in the sight as far as comprehensive views go and an overlal experience. However, in the port itself is where I got a better sense of scale and how it functioned daily.

My sketches represent two key aspects of the sight. Firstly, I focused on the overlaying of both utilities and information. There are so many cranes, offices and storage facilities consolidated into one area and they all function efficiently. Also, there are the people who run them and tourists and ships which fuel them. My second aspect had more to do with integration of the port into the city. The site fits neatly next to Montjuic and Port Vell. The highway, railway for goods, tram and terminal all coexist linearly and within close proximity.

No comments: