17 September, 2007

ViDeOz

The assignment this week was a challenge for me in a couple of different way. One, it forced me to go to the beach and work, when normally I would just go with Rosalyn with our books and IPods and sleep. Two, I've never worked with video much, and it terrified me until I realized I could have a lot of fun with it, manipulating colors and lights and music.
I concentrated my study of the beach through peeling back its layers, which, to me, came in three parts--the commercial, the social, and the natural. Starting at the beach (the natural, of course) one can lay on the beach and soak up the sun, or continue up to the sidewalk. This is the social area. It provides an open transportation space for bikers and pedestrians, connecting the various part of Barceloneta, and acting as a barrier between the shops and restaurants and the beachfront.
Barceloneta is special because of this confluence of traffic.

No comments: