09 September, 2007

the GR-10 in FRANCE











Going to southern France to hike was the first trip I took out of Barcelona, and I loved it. It was my first taste of France! The people were so nice and helpful, and made the trip problem-free. It was also the first spur-of-the-moment thing of that magnitude I'd ever done, as I wasn't really sure until I bought the train ticket that I was actually going to go. Once there, I realized how accessible the world is. The train stopped in Cerbere, and Banyuls sur-Mer was 8 kilometers away. Since the GR-10 started there, the only option was to hike for those 8k along windy roads to reach the next town. The trail itself was amazing, because it was so isolated. I could see all the mountains around and the sea in the distance. I felt...liberated.

No comments: