10 September, 2007

Our Site- Access Denied

This second mapping is of our site for the semester. It consists of us seeing our site from many different views: Funicular (cable car), Bicycle, Boat, Bridge and atop Montjuic. This image (left) shows the different views in which you can see the sight. When we first arrived to the site, by bicycle, we were unable to actually go on the site, for reasons I don't know. The police wouldn't let us by and we know not to mess with the policia.






This next image (right) shows my interpretation of the site. As we viewed the site from all angels, the one thing that kept coming to mind was the imposition of the industrial port on the natural existence of Montjuic. I felt like the containers and the silos we jutting out from everywhere interrupting the nature of the mountain. The sketches (above the site) are my interpretations or caricatures of how I felt viewing the site.

No comments: