16 September, 2007

The Beach and I

My journey began, like most of them, near the start of Barceloneta...making my way toward the Olympic Port. I noticed that, as you look north, the beach side is teaming with activity on the water and small restaurants. The street side was lacking in that intense energy, with most of its restaurants serving only a lone couple. I found this dynamic interesting, especially how it changed as you make your way to the Olympic Port. As I made my way to that area, I took the higher path so as to get fair views of both sides for documentation. As I reached the Port area, the former two deuling intensities fused into one, one large teeming mass of energy and people. This area cannot help but to promote tourism and activity, bringing the sense of the Barceloneta beach vibrancy and merging it with the element of the street and shops. These aspects mesh well and provide a great ending point for the journey.

No comments: