20 September, 2007

RESA PARTY

Our initiation into the Spanish youth culture -- a group of RESA kids sent out a list for a party...so I signed up, thinking I'd just see what they had in mind. Little did I know that they had studied our names, put us into groups with Spanish "leaders" and color coded us. They wrote our names on our foreheads in our assigned colors. I was in the "blue group." The tiny girl who was my assigned leader saw how few of us there were with her and said with a thick accent, "I need more blue." They took us to the Forum, yelling on the metro the entire way (pissing off the old sleepy guys) and taped us together, and made us run to a finish line. I really had no idea what the point of anything was, but I had a fantastic time nonetheless. The club was pretty snazzy, too.

No comments: