17 September, 2007

a hazing experience

So, on Friday night (9/14), we were all invited to welcome RESA party. Little did we know that gathering outside meant that we would we herded into groups, then have our name written on our foreheads in different colors. What I had believed to be a night to get to meet other students in our building turned into a strange journey. We were all herded again into the subway, with the RESA leaders yelling at everyone to get onto the metro train faster. When we finally got to our destination, we realized we were back in the Forum, a place we had gotten lost a week before. From here, they stopped us in the type of plaza and taped us in groups of those standing closest. Much to my dismay, we were then told to run a relay. I suppose this was a way to gain team working skills, however I would have much rather meeting my foreign partners another way. Instead I got to be the girl who lost her shoe and made the team lose. Ooops. On the way back from our adventure some of us got to explore the playground near by and the Forum Building. We agreed this was the highlight of the night.

these aren't my photos, but i thought they accurately show the unique aspects of this building.

No comments: