09 September, 2007

Generic Title Dos

First off, this isn't my picture. It was taken by Whit, so I guess it belongs to him. I hope he wasn't planning on using it. This week's random entry is about our adventure to Kubik this past Friday. For those of you who haven't experienced the neon glory of Kubik, it's an architectural installation on the water made of recyclable...things. It lights up pink and green, that's all you really need to know. What made me write about Kubik, you say? As an architecture student, I was interested in Kubik because of it's steps toward being green and environmentally-friendly. It's easy to get caught up in ideas and their execution, when in reality, it's as simple as throwing together light-up cubes and installing a bar to make both a nightclub and an artistic installation.

No comments: