09 September, 2007

Parc Guell















This week I experienced Antoni Gaudi's architecture for the first time. I don't care who laughs at me when I say that Gaudi is one of my favorite architects. He was the first architect I had ever researched. I remember eleventh grade Spanish class when I did a presentation on Gaudi's architecture in Barcelona. After doing that presentation (in Spanish), I decided that I wanted to go to Barcelona at some point in my life. It was one of the major reasons I chose to apply to Clemson (even though I'm from Pennsylvania) , and now here I am. Now that I have seen Gaudi's architecture in person, I now believe that you have not truly experienced Gaudi's architecture until you have seen it in person.














Looking at the pictures tells you how skilled Gaudi was at geometry, but only seeing his work in person can show you how much attention Gaudi paid to the little details. This area where the tiles were broken up on one of the seats is just one of the places that I stopped, walked towards and looked at very closely. The amount of detail in all of the nooks and crannies of Parc Guell was amazing, and I can't wait to see Sagrada Familia.

No comments: