18 September, 2007

Social Mapping :-D


I know everyone should have already seen these pictures on facebook but I thought since I was the only one with a camera the other night, that I'd post a social mapping of RESA's shall we say, bondage night? On the architectural side of things, this took place at the Forum. I walked to those porta-potties (wow that word is awkward to type) with a girl (Marianne?) who is also a third year architectural student at UPC about the Forum. She told me that it is an unusual and empty space most of the time, only being used for conferences and big concerts. It was the best place for a lot of people to go out the other night just because there was a lot of space, but personally, I found the space to be a little uncomfortable. I think it goes back to my video focus of scale and speed. The Herzog building was one I wanted to walk by quickly. It was interesting, foreign (aliens anyone?), and created sheltered space, but it just wasn't at a comfortable scale with the size group we were with. I'm sure that would all change when the crowd size, like for a concert, would balance the massing of the building.
Anyway, great night! When/where else could you get THISCLOSE to being trampled while taped up?

No comments: