11 September, 2007

Xocolateria


In a city this size, it's the little things that make you feel at home. A few days ago, I was walking from RESA to the Ramblas, and I noticed a Chocolataria that had just opened. Being the chocolate fanatic that I am, I had to go in immediately and inspect. When I walked in, the smell of baked goods and just general sweetness greeted me. All I could see in the store were rows and rows of beautiful treats. After I delighted in them for a moment, I looked over to the left and saw an older man, the owner of the coffee shop. He had a huge, joyful grin on his face and a twinkle that any person associated with chocolate has in his eyes. We didn't say anything to each other, but still we had a connection that didn't require words. It made me realize that although I may do things in a slightly different way, I'm not that different from the people here.

No comments: