15 February, 2008

Sophia is hilarious.

Before this year, I wasn't really sure that I wanted to be and architect.

But, being in Charleston, and now, being in Barcelona, I've come to absolutely love it. I specifically appreciate how so many architects were at first theorists, and take their discoveries and observations and use them in creating a successful building. Ideally I'd like to do the same thing in minoring in anthropology...who knows. In Barcelona we've been completely engorged with contemporary architecture; a lot of it being totally ground-breaking structures of their time. I love looking at and analyzing buildings, and even though the case studies were time consuming, I really liked getting to actually see the buildings in person before picking them apart, as opposed to previous case studies at Clemson. Charleston and Barcelona are completely different cities architecturally; Charleston is so strict about any new buildings, whereas Barcelona completely welcomes out of the ordinary designs. Also, on an urban design scale, both cities have a water border, yet Barcelona additionally has the mountain border, so in many ways, their future design plans have to be very inventive.

Anyway, enough late night analyzing...

No comments: