21 February, 2008

Work Hard, Play Hard


Well I was waiting for the time to come when school would pick up, and I think there's not much doubt its here. I'm struggling in my head to comprehend what life will be like in April, when the final deadlines start coming. Like a few others have said, I too only really start producing late in the wee hours of the night/morning. I guess I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead, because I'm not ready to give up the opportunity that lies outside. Flying tomorrow afternoon for Zurich with a few others for the weekend, I am left with limited time to get these data cards done. Ideas are coming, the possibilities are endless, and that's why I can't seem to settle on a strategy. Right now, I'm trying to set up a consistent focus of conveying my information of activity intensity within the different journeys. Emphasizing what is graphically being shown, I wanted to condense my text in the most succinct way possible. I've looked at the questions "who what when where and how" to explain in a line graph on the bottom of the page. With the photos, I tried integrating them back into the street grid through cropping with clipmask.

You know what I like about walking home at 4am, since we're on the subject. No matter how uninterested I look in a cerveza or hasheesh, I still get offered it 600 millions times. I don't know what could possibly give them the impression I have been out partying, but they physically see me walk out of an office building with a bookbag and sweatpants, and they don't stop. Just amazes me.

No comments: