12 April, 2008

The Dark Knight


Opening as one of the most anticipated summer releases, on July 19 The Dark Knight will become the 6th Batman movie in the last 19 years. Not only will it be an amazing extension in the new series with Christian Bale, but mostly it will always be remembered by Heath Ledger’s portrayal of the new Joker. Having a darker and more realistic murderous mind set, Heath will likely (it’s very hard for me to say this but) outshine Nicholson’s role as the Joker in Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman, also drawing a lot of attention as being one of Ledger’s last major roles done before his death just over two months ago. It will be a shame watching the movie knowing that such a talented actor will never be seen ever again.

I have to say that I feel legitimately more excited for this movie than I have ever felt for any other flick. I never ever see a movie twice while it’s still in theaters, but I knowingly will see this one at least twice. The movie will also kick start the role of Harvey two-face, played by Aaron Eckhart (Thank you for smoking), his role should pull through the next Batman movie as well. There will be new bat-suits, bat-mobiles, bat-weapons, and bat-caves. Until then I can only watch the trailer and imagine how insane this 135 minute ride will be.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger april_19_1979 - janurary_22_08

No comments: