18 April, 2008

Tourists, I can see why they are not so popular.


So, as the summer gets closer and the weather gets nicer, it is obvious that tourism continues to becomes a larger force in Barcelona. The chief place where you see it obviously is on La Rambla. It is slightly ridiculous. People move so slow. They crowd around the living statue performers. They take pictures of everything, and you don't want to get in the picture. However, my sympathy for picture taking has gone down a lot. These crowded crazy conditions are just remind me that this is exactly what we have been learning about in studio and with Arch 412. I am not the most patient person especially when it comes to get somewhere that I need to be, and recently I went to Dunkin Donuts before studio one morning, imagine that. There was no one on La Rambla. It was SO FAST! I got there in like in one song on my iPod. I was amazed. I could not believe how short of a distance it really was. I think for now on I would really like to do all of my shopping at nine o'clock because it made that one morning so much easier. It is interesting also how crowded conditions and the slow movement creates an idea of increased distance.

No comments: