06 April, 2008

Caixa Forum BCN



On my tourist day #2 I decided to hit up the Avinguda de la Reina Maria and its’ surrounding parks. So I went to parc Industrial then parc Miro before heading in the direction of Palau Nacional. One stop was the Caixa Forum, which I had missed during my previous visit in January. Just like the forum in Madrid, the expo space was renovated into an old industrial building where majority of the original structure remained. The major attraction here for me was the sub-terrain entrance level. There were two forms of travel into the front lobby, both being along stretched paths that led into smaller areas of open sculptural space. It appeared as if most people were more interested in this space instead of the actual exhibits, of which were ancient artifacts discovered from around the area.

O yea and all the flowers are in bloom. Finally it's Spring!!!!

No comments: