03 April, 2008

English CountrySide

Although it has now been a week since my independent travels, or maybe two?? All the weeks are starting to run together. I would like to write about my experience with the travel agency I took to Stonehenge. I woke up before the crack of dawn, walked 20 minutes to the closest tube entrance and changed lines twice until arriving at the Victoria station. Then I had to walk down the road half a mile to the bus station. Then I checked in, purchased an all inclusive entrance package to all three places of entrance: Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral. The tour guy, a man in his early sixties, managed to keep the cheesy but interesting comments coming, while understanding that most of us need more rest and allowed for sleep time. AKA, we were driving through the middle of nowhere and there was nothing to talk about, but the countryside was a beauty all of its own with rolling hills underneath a sapphire sky. My favorite part was at Stonehenge, one of the greatest wonders. The sky was slightly eerie but still shinning on the monument. The audio guide was skill as quirky as ever, but the walk around the site was an amazing experience. I really liked going out and experiencing things on my own.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

it is hard to read your font. change it back, please...