12 April, 2008

Roasted Grasshopper


Yesterday we went to Malik's underground. There was a couple of spaniards sitting beside us, and they were shouting. and I looked to see what they were shouting about. It turns out one of the guys wanted the rest to try whatever he was eating from a small white plate. It was dark so I couldnt see what exactly it was. The guy saw me looking at it, so he brings the plate to me and light up his lighter and brings it closer to the plate and tells me to try it.
It was a grasshopper, they were black roasted grasshoppers. I do not know what made me reach to it and grab one and chew on it, but I did, and seeing that Calvin was up to it as well, made it less awkward. while Calvin swallowed it and kept on eating his Doner kebap. I kinda wanted to see how it tasted, and honestly, it was soooooooo good!!! a little salty but it was roasted so well and MMmmmm...
It doesnt look as good as the picture, but I couldnt find a picture of only the roasted grasshoppers.

No comments: