20 April, 2008

Why is the rum always gone?

I was raised in what I would call just about the middle of nowhere in Ohio. You know, those places where there's strawberry farms and cow pastures down the road? I never thought I could ever live in a city, but I love Barcelona. I mean, yes, the tourists are a pain in the ass, but they are a helluva good time to people watch, and yes, I am that old lady that loves to people watch. The weather is beautiful. The amount of parks and spaces you can explore are amazing, and the people are great. But, what I have noticed after living here for 4 months is that I don't really have any hobbies. I mean, there is studio, which doesn't really count... and then there is drinking, which isn't a great hobby to have... and then there's the time where you can run or play soccer, which is exciting and relaxing. I have no idea how I am going to go back to Tiger Town Tavern Upstairs and play APA pool... I'm going to be awful and I love to hustle. And it's late April... it can't get more exciting than that. It's just warm enough back home that all the car shows and Rod cruises through the mountains are starting up... and I can't be a grease monkey. I think when I go home, the first thing I am going to do is clean my baby's 350 and take her out, clean the carbon out of her. And hug my padres of course ;) And hopefully, Wednesday will start a new 6 month training regime for a marathon, I hope. My plans are set on 26 miles by about January. So excited, but I'm going to miss this place, I really am. There is just something about traveling that those people who never leave South Carolina, even for another state, will never understand.

No comments: