09 March, 2008

Daylight Savings Time



Short story long... my computer is still set to U.S. time. It may sound pointless, but I only have 2 clocks, my computer and my alarm clock, so the alarm is in Spanish time, and I just left my computer set to the U.S. time. (For whatever reason I just decided to leave it and just add 6 hours to whatever time it is) But today, I noticed a discrepency between the 2 clocks.... there are now only 5 hours of difference between Spain and the U.S. (Joey, thanks for the correction) Oh yea, IT"S DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! sort of... this is what I found out:

The U.S. begins Daylight Saving Time at 2:00 a.m. local time on the second Sunday in March and reverts to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. local time on the first Sunday in November. DST is not observed in Hawaii or Arizona, with the exception of the Navajo Nation, which does observe DST, even in Arizona.

Spain begins Summer Time at 1:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time on the last Sunday in March and reverts to Standard Time at 1:00 a.m. GMT on the last Sunday in October.

So, long story short, WE have 3 more weeks until the time change here...

Also, the website I found this on has info on all the times across the world, but it's arranged in a really cool interactive way. (they call it nodes) You should check it out!

1 comment:

-b-roer-man- said...

I think we are actually only 5 hours difference from Clemson right now. Spring forward. After the 30th of March, we will go back to the 6 hours difference. Just trying to look out for you Rush.