14 March, 2008

London....the new mecca of modern architecture?

Today, myself, my mom, and my dad trekked the streets of the UK in search of great modern architecture for me to do my case studies on for travel study. The two buildings I had decided up seeing today were the Swiss Re Tower and the City Hall. The Swiss Re was reminiscent of Torre Agbar with its central core and external skin. It was a pretty cool building, however my dad and I were acting like kids at candy store snapping tons of pictures (note that he is an architect too), and we were asked to leave because it was private property. The second building we visited was the City Hall. The building was truly amazing with its interior spaces. The entire interior space is created by a huge spiral walkway that goes all the way to the top. I don't know how to describe it though right now, so I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Love and Architecture

Eggl





1 comment:

c r o m i e said...

me and you found the same buildings. case study competition..mano a mano.