06 March, 2008

The Happiest day of my life...el Camp Nou


I just finished downloading some pictures on facebook about el Camp Nou. And I remembered that I haven’t blogged about this amazing experience yet… so this blog is dedicated to the happiest day of my life; FC Barcelona vs Levante UD.

Since I was a little kid, I have always loved the Barcelona futbol team. And that love grew a lot more whenever Ronaldinho, my favorite player, joined the team. I did not fully realize the fact that I was about to watch them play live for the first time in my life, until I was in the elevator going to meet everybody in the lobby to head there. The elevator opened and to my surprise everybody had bought FCB jerseys, and that’s when it really hit me. Im going to watch the game, Im going to see Ronaldinho, Eto’o, Xavi, Messi, Valdes, Henry, …etc. All these amazing names that I have seen on TV, watched play in the world cup, seen posters of them in every city I have been in… I was finally on my way to witness them play…

I came out of the elevator and everybody had their jerseys on and I just started jumping around and smiling, a smile that would last till the end of the 90 minutes of the game :D

Even after I got back from the game. I was still shocked with the fact that I have finally seen Ronaldinho play. I sat on facebook and started sending all of my friends, whether back in Jordan or in the states, and telling them about this experience. And for sure, my profile picture for a while was one of MANY Ronaldinho pics that I have taken while I was at the game.

I guess, thanks a lot to my parents who gave me the chance of being here and experiencing this amazing culture and enjoying the best 90 minutes of my life.

No comments: