04 March, 2008

AMSTERDAM


So we just got back from the Netherlands and the cold in Amsterdam make me appreciate the warmth in BCN that much more. The wind… wow, I have never experienced wind that strong before… well, maybe Hugo, but what am I talking about? I slept through Hugo. You should have seen the small children being blown down the streets. Not actually but it seemed possible. The canals make a great channel for wind to flow through with practically nothing in its path but a few bridges here and there. Its pretty fun to walk along a street and as soon as get past the building toward the canals, the wind knocks you sideways. Nonetheless, the canals add a sense of beauty to Amsterdam; around every turn you can see house boats, john boats, and sail boats. It's another way of life which I find interesting. I definately recomend if you haven't been, you should go!

No comments: